Mount Baker Washington

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
spiderman
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Mount Baker Washington

Post by spiderman »

We are heading out to Washington, leaving CO this weekend. Annajack, send me a message or give me a call if you are still coming. I haven't been able to contact you successfully. Anyone else doing Baker next week?
AlexeyD
14ers: 44  4  2 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

So, this is extremely last minute, but my wife and I are flying out to Seattle to do Baker this weekend via Coleman-Deming. For anyone who's already been up there, anything we should know about?
JonW
14ers: 14 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JonW »

Not sure if you're aware of this blog but here's the link. Enjoy! It's a beautiful mountain.

http://mtbakerconditions.blogspot.com/2 ... 5.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlexeyD
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

JonW wrote:Not sure if you're aware of this blog but here's the link. Enjoy! It's a beautiful mountain.

http://mtbakerconditions.blogspot.com/2 ... 5.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks! Yep, I've looked at that one - very useful!

Out of curiosity: is there a particular reason for going up Pumice Ridge? Does this avoid some sort of nasty crevasses or seracs? Just wondering.
AlexeyD
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

Submitted Baker on July 4 via C-D. Amazing weather, great conditions, spectacular mountain. On our way back to CO still glowing. Will post some photos and possibly a TR soon.
Doctor No
14ers: 35  1 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Doctor No »

One of my favorite mountains - I did my undergraduate work in Bellingham (very underrated town).
AlexeyD
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

OK, third time is the charm! TR is finally up: http://14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=16139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My first one on here - sorry for any glitches!
AFDusmc
14ers: 21 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AFDusmc »

Climbed Baker via the North Ridge a week and a half ago, happy to provide photos and beta if anyone is still interested.
AlexeyD
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

AFDusmc wrote:Climbed Baker via the North Ridge a week and a half ago, happy to provide photos and beta if anyone is still interested.
Yes please! Not for this year, but already thinking about next time :)