Vancouver in May

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
shaun
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Vancouver in May

Post by shaun »

I was curious if anyone could recommend a good climb in the Vancouver area in the late May time frame? I'm not really looking for anything difficult (perhaps class 2). Thanks.
Matt Lemke
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 116 11
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Vancouver in May

Post by Matt Lemke »

Which Vancouver...Vancouver Washington or British Columbia? (Huge difference)
Lemke Climbs
The Pacific Coast to the Great Plains = My Playground
"Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping"
"When you come to face what you fear, let the creator guide you"
shaun
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by shaun »

Vancouver BC, sorry about that
TeamDino5280
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TeamDino5280 »

Not sure but Squamish(sp?) Is an awsome area, belive its about 45 min out I would start there.
jtdudley
14ers: 20 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jtdudley »

Climbing up the back side of the Chief in Squamish is great! The Grouse Grind on the North Shore is busy but a good workout and provides nice views of the city. There are other more secluded hikes/climbs out of Deep Cove area that are nice as well. Black Tusk region, out of Squamish again, has some great climbs but will likely have snow in May.