fepic1 14er FINISHER

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
This forum is for general, mountaineering-related topics. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BobbyFinn
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (18)
13er Checklist (402)

Re: fepic1 14er FINISHER

Postby BobbyFinn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:42 am

Congratulations!
"Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." - Yoda
"Rudeness is a weak person's imitation of strength." - Paul Arel
Dancesatmoonrise
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (43)

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 pm

John, you rock!! Finally got 'em!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Mountain Ninja
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (22)
13er Checklist (55)

Postby Mountain Ninja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 am

NICE, JOHN, YOU DID IT!!!!

I'm so excited for your finisher! Sorry I couldn't make it. I always think of you when I get to a summit and think, "This is freakin' EPIC!" :)

Way to go!
A little pain never hurt anyone.

Karate Training Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmmGEdQ_JeE
fepic1
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (17)
13er Checklist (96)

Postby fepic1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 pm

THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!!!!!
So many nice comments . To all who joined me to Celebrate my milestone of the 58 14ers
It was A AWESOME DAY!!!!! THANKS FOR JOINING. IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY BETTER
I now know why people who have done Longs Peak want to go again.
So many great things about that mountain. Longs could be a Hollywood location for an Indiana Jones Movie.
I saw a few places where the big round rolling rock would have fit rather well. The trough, the loft ,the ledges and the homestretch. Watch out!
As Boggy B would say "its a classic" :) Don't forget Clarks arrow to show the way like ancient petroglyphs.
And the black hurst parked ready to take the defeated away. That was so much fun!
Screwed the top off a vintage bottle of sparkling grape juice and dined on fried chicken. WOW ! Dang!! That was the best:) What a surprise :-D
Kylie thank you for bringing the crystal cups.
So many people to thank for helping me. I never could have gotten here without help. Steve Gladbach You are an amazing man!
Like so many others in the mountaineer community I was Blessed to have met you. Its just one story after another you hear from climbers
of how you helped them. You have done so much for so many people. I can't say enough.
We talked about it on the mountain (Longs)of how we each had a story of how we " Gladbached it"
For me when I Gladbached it (I turned up a steep ridge in 4 feet of deep pow pow and led the group to the summit ) Thats what I"m talking about.
Micheal Davis (Boggy B) you were always there to help me. A friend you are! Adventurous,inspiring,motivated, smart,confident and fearless.
I'm ready for more! 13's +
!Britt (Globreal) the words you helped me with on Lindsey started me new! I'm on my way! Always there and prepared. Your prayers guided us up and down safely many a time. You always welcomed me, encouraged me and stayed with me. Thank You
Jim (Dancesatmoonrise) You helped me get started. Your passion for these mountains was infectious. We started this quest nearly the same time.We got a lot done that first Winter. Next time we hike together I'm going to place a large cannon ball in your pack so I can keep up :) And maybe hit you in the knee with a large lead pipe. You'll still beat me! Your awesome!

Jodi, Man did we come a long way! Thank you for Capital. We did it! We knocked the toughest one out of the ball park! On our own! I Can't wait for Sneffles :)

Barry your too funny. I"m still laughing. You told that girl on the summit she spelled "Peak" wrong on her summit sign:) Gullible ,she looked! Lol .
Hollamby,McCool,Gueza,PaulP,Nick,SarahT,Domonic,Dwight,KevinB,Kiefer,Sen,Tao,JeffL,JeffF,Tyler,Joann,Tad,KennyG,Amanda,Kylie,Kate,BradR,TomS,AllenA,Brian,
RandleM,Yikes,Carpedm,KevinH
To all a Thank You.
To You MollyM Thank You for sharing so many great adventures.We got a lot done.It was a joy to be around you.Your mannerisms,attitude,enthusiasm inspired me and made me smile.

Everyone that I sent my photos to did you see what Steve did in the group shot ? That was perfect ! Way to hilarious! I haven't seen a sequence of summit photos that funny ever. Good one Steve!!!!! Money shot!
TR in the works.
Kevin Baker
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (50)
13er Checklist (597)

Postby Kevin Baker » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 am

Way to go, John! It was great being there with you at the beginning of your 14er journey on Decalibron and Sherman. That Horseshoe to Sherman traverse was cool that cold April day! Longs is a great one to finish on and fried chicken is one of my favorite summit foods!
Always do what you are afraid to do. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “General Mountaineering Discussion”