Top-10 dream peak list

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Scott P

Re: Top-10 dream peak list

Postby Scott P » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Nobody guides this AFAIK.

It is occasionally guided, but I don't know if any of the clients have actually made the summit. Field Touring, for example has gone there every year for the last 5, but it appears that they haven't made it yet. To quote from their website:

In 2006 we had a number of members reach to near the 8000m mark on K2 and in 2009, 2010 & 2011 members reached the shoulder by way of the Cessen. In the course of these expeditions we have gained a significant knowledge of the mountain. We look forward to applying all that we learned to our fifth effort in 2012.

I know they send me an email every once in a while about their trips (not sure where they got my address though).
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
tehchad

Postby tehchad » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Scott P wrote:
Nobody guides this AFAIK.

It is occasionally guided, but I don't know if any of the clients have actually made the summit. Field Touring, for example has gone there every year for the last 5, but it appears that they haven't made it yet. To quote from their website:

In 2006 we had a number of members reach to near the 8000m mark on K2 and in 2009, 2010 & 2011 members reached the shoulder by way of the Cessen. In the course of these expeditions we have gained a significant knowledge of the mountain. We look forward to applying all that we learned to our fifth effort in 2012.

I know they send me an email every once in a while about their trips (not sure where they got my address though).

I stand corrected. However, it's not the commercial situation on Manaslu or Everest. I still think that most would agree - it's the pros mountain.
tehchad

Postby tehchad » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:31 pm

I'd like to add to my list too

A trip to the Chicago Basin for the big 4 there.
Kiefer

Postby Kiefer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Winter8000m wrote:Kiefer, did you say top 10+? :lol:
Mount Robson Emperor Face Jasper, Canada
Denali Denali Diamond/Slovak Route Alaska
Latok I North Face Pakistan
The Ogre Pakistan
Spantik Golden Pillar Pakistan
etc.....

Don't know if I could pin it down to 10. Just so much more then just this list. The Canadian Rockies are bad ass!

Some damn fine, good routes here, Noah!!! Denali Diamond, Emperor and Ogre! WHOA!
The Ogre isn't a feather in one's cap...it IS the cap.
steelfrog

Postby steelfrog » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:58 pm

The Canadian Rockies are indeed incredible. Last I heard only 7 people had managed to complete all 54 of the 11ers up there. And there are many many peaks up there that aren't 11ers that are cool. Here are a couple of 11ers, Mt. Huber on the left and most of the frame is taken up by Mt. Victoria; Abbot pass on the extreme right--this from Lake Oesa a few weeks ago:

Here are a couple of more 11ers, Athabasca on the left and Andromeda to the right and behind Athabasca; Athabasca Glacier to the right; this from the shoulder of Mt. Wilcox:

jfox

Postby jfox » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 pm

1. Great Trango Tower.
2. Nanda Devi
3. Grand Jorasses (N. Face)
4. Eiger (N. Face)
5. Vinson
6. Mt. Robson
7. North Twin (N. Face)
8. Cerro Torre
9. Sultana (Infinite Spur)