You Might Be a Mountain Climber If...

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
This forum is for general, mountaineering-related topics. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
JDip
14er Checklist (13)
13er Checklist (7)

Re: You Might Be a Mountain Climber If...

Postby JDip » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:31 pm

susanjoypaul wrote:The quotes attributed to me in the previous two posts are *not* my quotes - they were made by others on this thread. I know you guys know how to post on this forum, so my guess is you're drinking and posting, or you're trolls.

I say enough stupid s**t on here by myself - I don't need any help from anyone else. Thanks :D

AHH!!! I am very, very sorry SusanJoyPaul, I was not drunk when I somehow 'put words in your mouth'.

I was up late doing some work and I wrote all that stuff without looking any of it over, I didn't even check the topic again until
someone sent me an angry PM telling me a was basically a douche. :(

I'm NOT a troll. Nor was I drunk, I've never quoted anyone on here before. I should have paid more attention to what I wrote (or how it came out) before hitting send. I just had too much going on last night, shouldn't be on 14ers.com posting stuff when I should be working.

Out of respect, I'm either deleting the posts or fixing them.

Again, I apologize I'd be pissed too..
I want to know the thoughts of God. All the rest are details. -Albert Einstein

It's not the height of the mountain that makes it great, it is the mountain itself. -J.D.
susanjoypaul
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (87)

Postby susanjoypaul » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:11 pm

JDip wrote:
susanjoypaul wrote:The quotes attributed to me in the previous two posts are *not* my quotes - they were made by others on this thread. I know you guys know how to post on this forum, so my guess is you're drinking and posting, or you're trolls.

I say enough stupid s**t on here by myself - I don't need any help from anyone else. Thanks :D

AHH!!! I am very, very sorry SusanJoyPaul, I was not drunk when I somehow 'put words in your mouth'.

Again, I apologize I'd be pissed too..

No worries - I was only pissed for a minute, then I got over it and had a good laugh.

I'm a mountain climber... I only *really* get pissed off over the important stuff, like when someone tries to rename a 14er!

Carry on :D
billdawg
14er Checklist (1)

Postby billdawg » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:44 pm

-You recieve more e-mails from Moosejaw, REI, Cabelas, etc, than you do your friends.

-Your Christmas/birthday list reads like a gear list

-You think how cool it would be to do _____________ at 14,000'
geojed
14er Checklist (50)
14ers in Winter (7)
13er Checklist (96)

Postby geojed » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:47 pm

- The most exciting, page-turning, edge-of-your-seat book you've ever read from cover-to-cover has 6 chapters and 10 appendices!!! :D :wink:
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain
altidude
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (1)
13er Checklist (15)

Postby altidude » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:59 pm

You use your camping stove to boil water for your freeze-dried dinner IN your kitchen just to test the gear/food.
The mountain always wins, we do not always lose.

Carpe mañana
bking14ers
14er Checklist (36)
13er Checklist (3)

Postby bking14ers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm right there with you on that one.
queue_ball
14er Checklist (23)

Postby queue_ball » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 pm

...if that fleeting glimpse of the Crestones from exit 52 on I-25 spoils your trip to Denver 'cuz you're not headed to Westcliffe.
queue_ball
14er Checklist (23)

Postby queue_ball » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:42 pm

...if while riding the Sundown Express you're more interested in the Flat Tops and the Gores than you are in your upcoming schuss down Tomahawk...and that's sayin' somethin'.
Tony1
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (1)
14ers in Winter (10)
13er Checklist (98)

Postby Tony1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:45 pm

queue_ball wrote:...if that fleeting glimpse of the Crestones from exit 52 on I-25 spoils your trip to Denver 'cuz you're not headed to Westcliffe.

Interesting! I didn't know that was there. I'll keep an eye out for that next time I'm down that way.
SeracZack
14er Checklist Not Entered

Postby SeracZack » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:51 pm

All of your friends go: Whack! s**t!
And you go: s**t! Whack!
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller
cheeseburglar
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (73)

Postby cheeseburglar » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:08 pm

you try to get a 14ers.com username for your dog because you are having trouble keeping her peak list up to date.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes
susanjoypaul
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (87)

Postby susanjoypaul » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:27 am

...you wake up in the morning to find that a major storm has moved in overnight, dumping heaps of snow everywhere, shutting down roads, schools and businesses.

So you throw your purse and your laptop into your pack, strap on your snowshoes, and head off to work, where you're shocked to discover - you're the only one who showed up! Yup, this has happened to me three times. Should have done a peak instead!

Return to “General Mountaineering Discussion”