I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
This forum is for general, mountaineering-related topics. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
Kiefer
Posts: 1478
Joined: 5/10/2008
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (37)
13er Checklist (215)
Contact:

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby Kiefer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:52 pm

No wonder no one takes this country seriously anymore. ](*,)

And to think a Colorado Springs news channel thought it was pertinent to devout 2.5 minutes to this idiot. Well spent money, guys... #-o
At least it's entertaining!
User avatar
Derek
Posts: 1180
Joined: 5/22/2006
14er Checklist Not Entered
Contact:

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby Derek » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:08 pm

I want what he's having...
"I used to think my Dad was Elvis. But I haven't told him that yet. I haven't told my Dad either." -S. Murdoch
LOJ
User avatar
colorado yooper
Posts: 401
Joined: 11/13/2005
14er Checklist (35)

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby colorado yooper » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Few thoughts...
No wonder they've been paving the road!
Could make skiing the Y a bit more interesting.
Intersteller donuts?
Could make for more parking at the incline if the Railroad Shuts down.
Re write of America the Beautiful? Purple Pyramids Majesty?
Is a Pyramid class 3? Smooth sided class 5? Aid?
How will El Paso county tax our alien friends?
Will our unearthy friends let us reverse engineer thier fuel technology?
Will the V ships refuel here?
Will they be able to fill up my X-Wing?
Will my property values fall? Rise?
Will Woodland Park's slogan change from City Above the Coulds to City below the Intersteller Gas Station? or to F-it we needed the money.
Will the pyramid help Harvey Carter finally get his ski resort due to new weather paterns?


God, I must be bored...
To the High Crags!
User avatar
My-Therapy
Posts: 221
Joined: 12/17/2007
14er Checklist (56)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (21)
Contact:

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby My-Therapy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:42 pm

colorado yooper wrote:Few thoughts...
No wonder they've been paving the road!
Could make skiing the Y a bit more interesting.
Intersteller donuts?
Could make for more parking at the incline if the Railroad Shuts down.
Re write of America the Beautiful? Purple Pyramids Majesty?
Is a Pyramid class 3? Smooth sided class 5? Aid?
How will El Paso county tax our alien friends?
Will our unearthy friends let us reverse engineer thier fuel technology?
Will the V ships refuel here?
Will they be able to fill up my X-Wing?
Will my property values fall? Rise?
Will Woodland Park's slogan change from City Above the Coulds to City below the Intersteller Gas Station? or to F-it we needed the money.
Will the pyramid help Harvey Carter finally get his ski resort due to new weather paterns?


God, I must be bored...



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
huffy13
Posts: 907
Joined: 8/2/2007
14er Checklist (18)
13er Checklist (5)

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby huffy13 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:53 pm

We laugh at this goofball now, but I pray he doesn't try to take it to a court....if he got lucky and ended up with a crackpot for a judge he might get the OK to do something this absurd.
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.
User avatar
zoomie83
Posts: 225
Joined: 4/17/2007
14er Checklist (40)
13er Checklist (22)

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby zoomie83 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:10 pm

If he somehow could build the pyrmid out of material taken from the mountain, and added 480 feet, would that then make Pikes Peak the highest 14er in the US? :) :) :) :)
And would everybody who's climbed it have to climb it again? :) :) :) :)
User avatar
KentonB
Posts: 657
Joined: 5/13/2007
14er Checklist (52)
13er Checklist (27)

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby KentonB » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:12 am

zoomie83 wrote:If he somehow could build the pyrmid out of material taken from the mountain, and added 480 feet, would that then make Pikes Peak the highest 14er in the US? :) :) :) :)


Nope, that would still be Mt. Hubbard, AK. LOL

zoomie83 wrote:And would everybody who's climbed it have to climb it again? :) :) :) :)


I'm hoping it has an elevator myself. :-)
User avatar
JsinDeAZ
Posts: 268
Joined: 9/7/2009
14er Checklist (36)
14ers in Winter (1)

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby JsinDeAZ » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:10 am

i wonder if this same satire played out when they talked about building a gift shop on top of Pikes... at least this is more creative...
-----------------------------
I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

...I love not man the less, but Nature more... - Lord Byron
User avatar
Kojones
Posts: 1570
Joined: 5/5/2006
14er Checklist (25)
13er Checklist (2)

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby Kojones » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:22 am

Oh boy... :roll:

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."
Image
User avatar
MountainHiker
Posts: 2698
Joined: 5/17/2007
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (104)
Contact:

Re: I'm at a loss of words! UFO station on Pikes peak?

Postby MountainHiker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:32 am

Shouldn’t he be talking to the folks in Crestone?
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Return to “General Mountaineering Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dwelch12441, phantomchameleon and 13 guests